Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Time To Speak

For my regular blog readers, you know that I have spent the past few years overcoming extreme trauma due a life of harmful situations.  This journey has been emotionally tumultuous and had nearly 'done me in'.  

The extensive amount of Type A & Type B trauma I experienced was notable and life-defining.  Fortunately, I didn't go completely under nor was I taken out of function entirely.  Part of my survival was my personal faith (strength source), part of it was my personal coaches, mentors, and counselors.  I needed people to give me skills, cheer me on, and sometimes even come along side of me and help me to run my race as I hobbled on one foot.

Thankfully, my trauma has given me a profession with a repertoire that is now in demand in conferences, churches, home groups, and Executive and Life Coaching.  My personal story is releasing other professionals to live again.

Based on request, I have become a certified Executive Coach and Life Coach.  In addition, I am receiving requests to be a public speaker, motivational speaker, and international speaker.

WOW.  Talk about a change in momentum!  From the darkness into light.


PERSPECTIVE


I have learned that life is often about living amidst paradoxes.  For instance, there is: brokenness and healing; angst and peace; grief and joy; desire and fulfillment; loss and gain; death and life etc.  All of these things can occur at the same time within the same person.  We are very complex and dynamic beings.  Sometimes life is messy and dirty.  It takes a good Coach to navigate a path through the maze of compost, refuse, and disorder into a path of order, beauty, and rest.

It seems to me that life's difficulties are like compost: it is the 'crap that stinks'; but in the correct Gardener's hands, compost is the most effective ingredient to a beautiful garden.

For many, God is the Gardener of the Heart.  He tends to the thorns, thistles, and slivers.  From a mess, he creates something beautiful.  Our heart story is so key to making sense out of tragedy.  Seeing our story as a garden is just one of the many powerful visualizations that helps trauma survivors overcome the senseless pain of abuse, disappointment, or confusion.  

Coaching is the Gardener's gift to us.  Through skill building, Coaches create victory by working alongside of each person on their journey of success. A good coach reflects the ultimate Gardener--creating a beautiful scene out from the compost of failure, confusion, or disappointment.

How does my life's story connect with Coaching Services?


Good question!  I have chosen to live out my story publicly and professionally.  This means that I am applying my gains with skill and accuracy and leveraging that life experience as an Executive and Life Coach.

I am privileged to frequently participate in sessions wherein people are restored from Type A & Type B trauma.   Coaching provides solutions to people just as freely as the Red Cross provides medical assistance to those who need it.  I have the chance to 'pay it forward'; coaches have helped me and now I can Coach-it-forward.

Anyone can access and benefit from Coaching Services; faith is helpful but not necessary.  Coaching is an accessible tool for changing a dream into reality.

Get started on your own plan to success.  I am booking clients at a 10-15% discount from the industry standard.  In the meantime, I am also setting out on speaking engagements in Alberta, the US and the UK.




As a Certified Coach, it is my goal to speak publicly what is true (Life Events), what leads to solutions (Life Coaching), and to speak in such a way that my very words cause and create LIFE!






SOLUTIONS: ONE STEP AT A TIME




No comments:

Post a Comment